Americans from all walks-of-life watched as comedian David Letterman ended his talk show career on CBS last night. And, while pundits credited him with re-inventing late night television, Safe America would add he gave us new ‘staples’ for thought. One was his nightly ‘Top Ten’ List.
In recognition of his popular feature, we’ve created our own ‘Top 10 List’ for Safety.
Safe America’s TOP TEN LIST for Safety
- No one should ever get hurt and have their life cut short by a preventable accident.
- An accident actually in real life isn’t funny; it’s just plain stupid.
- People who live long lives are funnier almost every day!
- Multi-tasking while driving is like trying to eat and swim at the same time – it’s just not doable!
- Having smart children – who know how to text – means you won’t have to talk to them in an emergency (which may be a good thing!)
- Having more schools participate in Safe America’s ‘Chalk One Up for Safety’ art program may improve the look of sidewalks!
- If more middle school youth did our ‘Safe Tomorrows’ curriculum, they’d likely get better grades in school (because they’d practice more writing skills!).
- Being ‘Prepared, Not Scared (TM)’ could eliminate the ‘horror’ of zombie drills!
- If more people participate in our ‘Drill Team’ preparedness exercise, you’d have something else to do during half-time at boring football games!
- Having more people text $10 to Safe America (the word ‘SAFE’ to 80077) would make everyone’s pocket lighter – helping us curb the growing obesity caused by fat wallets!