National Safety Conference Coincides with the Annual WorldSafe Dinner & Gala
New website created for the Training for Global Safety conference launched. Click here for information and registration: http://trainingforglobalsafety.org
Also, a twitter account has been created for the safety conference. For up to the minute information about the 'Training for Global Safety' conference happening October 26-28 at the Omni Hotel at CNN Center, visit https://twitter.com/TFGS_Conference; our Twitter handle is @TFGS_Conference. Be sure to follow us on Twitter.
(2017) New this year, the SafeAmerica Foundation has partnered with Miller Ingenuity to host a national safety conference at the Omni-CNN Center this Oct. 26-28, 2017.
The safety conference will host experts from the rail industry, law enforcement, and government whose role it is to keep North Americans safe from accidents, disasters, gun violence, human trafficking, gangs, sports injuries and much more. It will be a star-studded event, with a kickoff at Atlanta's hottest new venue, the College Football Hall of Fame in downtown Atlanta. The event will close with our annual WorldSafe Fundraising Dinner and Gala.
The WorldSafe Dinner & Gala annually celebrates leaders in the field of safety. We honor individuals who have made an impact in their communities, or organizations that have made major strides in making people's lives safer and better.
The gala is a chance for award winners to not only be recognized, but also to spread their message and vision to inspire others.
2016-2017 WorldSafe Winners
-For Exemplary Leadership in Fighting Human Trafficking – Clayton County Police Department
- For its Safety Train Innovative Program – Norfolk Southern Corporation
- For Healing Wounds of Disaster – Mr. Jeff Parness, The New York Thanks You Foundation
- For Advancing the Use of Drones – Zipline / UPS
- For Leading the Fight Against Human Trafficking – The Georgia Office of the Attorney General
- For Diversifying Safety Messaging – The Norsan Group
- For Environmental Safety & Innovation – Mr. Carlos Glatt, Glatt Stove
- For Wellness Innovation – BDX Wellness
- For Exemplary Corporate Leadership – Jim Ellis Automotive Group
- For Exemplary Media Leadership – Mr. Tim McVay, WSB-TV
- For Visionary Leadership in Assisting veterans – VETLANTA
- For Improving Rail Safety Innovation – Steve Blue, Miller Ingenuity
- For the Lifetime Achievement Award – Gordon Sherman, USO
- For Visionary Leadership – Michael Buehler, Freedom Farms of America